Summer Update

 Greetings Friends,


I know it’s been a hot second, trust me. This summer has been an absolute hot mess but in the best way possible. Besides the fact that I’ve been in a bit of a reading slump. Nothing that a bit of Kendra Donovan won’t fix- and thank god for that. 

I’ve been sequestered in the middle of nowhere Northern Illinois for the summer- I must say by choice, I swear I’m not being held hostage or anything- my initial plan for the summer was to knock out books I’m meant to read and review and slowly work through my ‘tbr-jar-challenge’ shelf for a Goodreads challenge. But alas, I’ve hit a bit of a brick wall. Running a summer camp- a small scale one at that!- is quite exhausting! I mean, as I write this at the moment, I have a group of kids doing a night swim. 

This past weekend I did go out and do one of my favourite activities (besides reading); I went to my local library’s monthly book sale. Would you believe me if I said I bought all of the Lord of the Rings books for $1 USD? Talk about a steal! I think that perhaps is the best deal that I’ve got in my entire life. I don’t even mind that books are very much loved, it just gives them character. Seriously though, if your local library does book sales, hit them up! They’re totally worth it. I’m just going to have to look into turning my tiny unused living room in my living quarters into a library (I’m really running out of space).

Below I’ll include some summer snapshots I’ve taken. Hopefully there will be more in future posts as I’ve had the brilliant idea of buying an old cheap Canon from a second hand shop and plan to carry it around with me everywhere once I find the time to get an SD card. 

Until next time, keep reading! Also, send me some book recommendations, I’d love to hear them! 












Comments

Popular Posts