A Review of A Murder in Time by Julie McElwain

5/5 Stars



This book was amazing. That is all that I can say. I don't think I have genuinely enjoyed a book this much in a long time- and I mean in a way where I am obsessed. Because, I am completely and utterly obsessed with this book, and maybe a little bit in love with Alec.


The only way that I can describe this book is a cross between Criminal Minds and time traveling- two of my favourite things by the way. I am going to be thinking about this book for a long time.


I have a lot to say about Kendra Donovan, the protagonist in this book. I think that she is absolutely kickass. After being spit out in the early nineteenth century while going rogue from the FBI, Agent Donovan cannot help but feel that she is going mad. Though it's discovered not too long after being spit into 1815 that there is a serial killer on the lose on the castle grounds where she is residing, Special Agent Donovan cannot help but get involved because dammit, it is quite literally her job as an FBI agent in the BAU to profile and hunt serial killers.


Good god I am so obsessed with this book, it is going to be one that I will be thinking about well... until I get my hands on the next book in the series. Because Time travel, a mystery, and the nineteenth century? Well, this book is right up my alley.


Though, I will admit my biggest complaint is the over usage of the word "Mayhap" but that's just something I'll have to get over.

Comments

Popular Posts